UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor camber
Visitor

Kintex-7 GTX

I am designing a board which uses a single GTX transceiver as part of a sFPDP. Within the customers system there will be two of these boards each with their own dedicated sFPDP link to a control board. I need a common design thus I will need to instantiate two transciever blocks in the design. The question revolves around the fact that I do not want two tranceivers activated all the time. Is it possible to disable a GTX so that it is not functioning? A simple solution seems to be to keep the unused GTX in reset all the time, but is this the right solution?

Note that I have a lot of experience with FPGAs but this is the first foray into high speed serial links.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Kintex-7 GTX

Hi @camber,

have a look at the power down ports of the transceiver. You can power down the PLLs, RX and TX separately.
Just keeping the reset high of the transceiver core will not achieve this. The reset FSM will only activate when you take the reset away. The transceiver would still be running with this reset high. The reset ports of the transceiver primitive are controlled by the core internally.
Bring the power down ports to the core toplevel by selecting them in the wizard GUI. You will then be able to control them depending on which design you are just running.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visitor camber
Visitor

Re: Kintex-7 GTX

Thx

0 Kudos