UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer sundarbas
Observer

Kintex Ultrascale GTH with USB 3.1

Hello,

I am trying to implement a USB 3.1 SERDES operation with Kintex Ultrascale transceivers. I did read in a lot of forums that Xilinx does not support USB 3 on their transceivers. 

I would like to understand why LFPS and LBPS cannot be generated with GTH and what efforts would be needed to have the transceiver working with USB 3.1.

If anybody has a solution that would work, please share more details about this. I am new to USB and I would like to know more about how to implement this functionality in my FPGA.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Kintex Ultrascale GTH with USB 3.1

What is your intended line rate?  Do you plan to use spread spectrum?  There are several variations of this.  The 10 Gbps version is not supported nor is their version of spread spectrum at the higher line rates.  We could probably generate the low frequency signals but couldn't detect them.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Observer sundarbas
Observer

Re: Kintex Ultrascale GTH with USB 3.1

Hi Roy,

Thank you for getting back to me.

We could be happy with a line rate of 5 Gbps. Does GTH work without SSC in this line rate?

What is the maximum line rate GTH can transmit and detect these signals?

Regards,

Sundar

0 Kudos