UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant glenaus2
Participant

PIXCO settings for XAPP1308 HSYNC Sychronization

Jump to solution

On our existing SDI video products, we are now adding genlock.  This has led me to trying to implement XAPP1308.   I am currently getting the Saturation of the low pass filter integrator and output errors (OVF_INT, OVF_VOLT) and the clock does not appear to be syncing.  See below for my settings and the flagged error and the frequency response estimate for my settings.  Any help troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

freq_response.jpg

VIO.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Participant glenaus2
Participant

Re: PIXCO settings for XAPP1308 HSYNC Sychronization

Jump to solution

Ok, thanks everyone.  I have it working. Table 1 in XAPP1308 was confusing things, but I needed to tie VSIGCE_O to VSIGCE_I per figure 7.

8 Replies
Participant glenaus2
Participant

Jump to solution

I changed the gain settings to improve the frequency response, but I am still getting the overflows.

freq_response2.jpg

0 Kudos
Scholar jmcclusk
Scholar

Jump to solution

you are running your phase detector at a really low frequency (13.4 KHz), and your loop bandwidth is comparable..   That's simply not stable..    your phase detector frequency has to be at least 3 or 4 times your loop bandwidth, otherwise your loop will jump around like a crazy monkey.     If I were you,  I'd try to make the divider R as small as possible (ideally 1) and adjust the intermediate frequencies needed for V and the upstream PIXCO.  

Don't forget to close a thread when possible by accepting a post as a solution.
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

hello

assuming that you have implemented the PICXO using the required encrypted tcl code (this ensures the correct timing), there are limitations on the max ppm range you can achieve with the PICXO. If the ppm difference between RXOUTCLK and TXOUTCLK is too high, it is possible that the control will saturate, no matter of the low pass filter you will use.

Participant glenaus2
Participant

Jump to solution

I am taking the V and R values directly from XAPP1308 table 2 for the 1080p59.94 video stndard. 

0 Kudos
Scholar jmcclusk
Scholar

Jump to solution

Then try increasing G1 and G2 to reduce the bandwidth.  

Don't forget to close a thread when possible by accepting a post as a solution.
0 Kudos
Participant glenaus2
Participant

Jump to solution

I have been playing with that without much success.  I will try that once again.

0 Kudos
Participant glenaus2
Participant

Jump to solution

I am using it as packaged component downloded from the APP note, so I assume taht contains any needed TCL scripts.

0 Kudos
Participant glenaus2
Participant

Jump to solution

Ok, thanks everyone.  I have it working. Table 1 in XAPP1308 was confusing things, but I needed to tie VSIGCE_O to VSIGCE_I per figure 7.