UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant add_engineering
Participant

PS-GTR Eyescan

On the GTH-transceivers of the UltraScale MPSoc it is possible to perform an eyescan of the tx/rx path. The UltraScale MPSoc however also has PS-GTR transceivers. What is the approach to performing an eyescan on the PS-GTR transceivers of the UltraScale MPSoc?

Thanks

Ed

0 Kudos
11 Replies

Re: PS-GTR Eyescan

GTH eyescan can be done manually, or using the IBERT core. AR 67295 is a walk through of the manual flow. UG908 has an explanation of IBERT. GTR is a bit different, it will have an eyescan core released in a future version of the tools.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

For more information about PS-GTR debug, please contact your Xilinx technical sales team.

Visitor jarnwine
Visitor

Is there any new information on the Zynq GTR IBERT and Eyescan?? I have seen UG908 and UG936, Is there anything else?
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: PS-GTR Eyescan

hi @add_engineering

for GTR eye scan, you can refer to UG936 chapter 10 (page 175 - 211)

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug936-vivado-tutorial-programming-debugging.pdf

Thanks,

Boris

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi @jarnwine

yeah, that's what we have.

thanks,

Boris

Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
Participant add_engineering
Participant

Hi Boris,

We have contacted Xilinx in 2017 and we have tested this with the Engineering Samples of the MPSoC.

0 Kudos
Visitor jarnwine
Visitor

We have successfully used UG936 lab 10 to create the eyescan tests for our custom card.  It turned out we needed to use the downloadable  FSBL generation script to create the eyescan FSBL  elf file. So our problem was resolved.

0 Kudos
Observer electrodev99
Observer

The Lab10 tutorial acts as if you will only be doing eyescan/IBERT for USB 3.0, are there any changes to made to the xsct_create_fsbl.tcl to use 4x PCIe instead? I'm confused by this.

0 Kudos
Observer electrodev99
Observer

Quick update on this -- I was wrong. The USB 3.0 stuff is just a quick fix to ensure that USB comes up if there is a USB 3.0 device on the transceivers. As far as I know, PCIe doesn't need any workarounds to come up.

0 Kudos
Participant gosha-z
Participant

To continue existing topic: trying to use PS-GTR Eyescan feature on serdes tuned for use with GEM with SGMII mode. Doing everything as in Lab10 of UG936, but fsbl is made using SDK flow. When trying to Configure IBERT GTR, I've got the following in Messages window:

refresh_hw_device -update_hw_probes false [lindex [get_hw_devices arm_dap_1] 0]
config_hw_sio_gts -dict [list "FSBL" "D:/gosha/workspace_xsdk/fsbl_ibert/Debug/fsbl_ibert.elf" "RESET_SYSTEM" "TRUE" ] [lindex [get_hw_devices arm_dap_1] 0]
ERROR: [Labtools 27-3342] Could not detect IBERT GTR elf file.

What I'm doing wrong? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Igor

0 Kudos
Newbie western1

Hi, at which speed is the eyescan (according to UG936) done? Can I set the speed manually (e.g. for SATA to 1.5Gbps or 3Gbps)?

0 Kudos