UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer trongkn
Observer

RX problem with Sata II GTX

I've got some problem with my Sata II project. My receiver path was not stable sometimes.

As you can see in figure 1, I don't know why RX_CDR_LOCK was not stable even though I did configure CDR the same as recommend settings in UG_476. Anyway, input signals still seemed to be good when there was no Disparity Err signal. I wondered that did RX_CDR_LOCK signal make sense

and should I do anything to make it  look better?

gen2_dev.png

Figure 1: CDR not locked

Another problem I met is Rx buffer was Overflow or Underflow sometimes as Figure 2 below.  I did use clock correction, with Align_comma_word = 4, my "clock correction sequence length" = 4 and it's value is "7b4a_4abc". 

Could you guys tell me what could lead to this problem and  how to fix this please.

rx_status.png

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: RX problem with Sata II GTX

hi @trongkn,

can please share the following information

1. share the XCI file .

2. Is this issue seen only with One HDD or with other devices

3.  is 8/10 encoding is done in PHY layer or is done in the SATA IP core .

4. share the  clocking structure details for both the FPGA and HDD or SDD.

ta

Chandra

Regards
Chandra sekhar
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer trongkn
Observer

Re: RX problem with Sata II GTX

Dear Csattar,

I attached .xci file and the block design that you can figured out our clocking structures in our project. Some information about the problem we had is:

1. CDR not locked was seen with nearly all devices: SSD, HDD  when we tested sata host, and computer also when we tested sata device.

2. Buffer underflow and overflow were seen with sata device only when we tested with several computers.

3. 8b/10b encoding and decoding were done in physical, I mean it was included in GTX transceiver wizards.

thank you!
Trongkn

Tags (1)
0 Kudos