UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jmeador
Visitor

Recommended SATA settings for GTY transceiver

We are intending to use a Xilinx XM-104 to provide a SATA interface on an Abaco VP880. The VP880 includes an XCKU-095 Ultrascale in an ffvb2104 package. This board routes the SATA connectors of the XM-104 to GTY transceivers on the Ultrascale.

According to DS892 (v1.16) October 30, 2018, in reference to Table 77 on page 67, it is stated that "The transceiver wizard provides the recommended settings for those use cases and for protocol specific characteristics." SATA Gen 1,2,3 is listed in that table.

Yet, as late as the 2018.3 version of Vivado, the transceiver wizard does not provide recommended settings for the SATA use case with GTY transceivers. It lists recommended settings for GTH transceivers, but due to the combination of the board design and the FPGA packaging, the FMC only has access to GTY transceivers.

The bottom line is that we are looking for recommended GTY settings for the SATA use case. Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Recommended SATA settings for GTY transceiver

hi @jmeador

when you generate GT wrappers with GT Wizard, you can select GTY:SATA presets in the GUI.

Please see the following snapshot.

After selecting that, the recommended SATA settings will be used in the GT Wrappers.

Thanks,

Boris

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sata.png
0 Kudos
Visitor jmeador
Visitor

回复: Recommended SATA settings for GTY transceiver

Hi Boris - thank you very much for your quick reply!

If I create a new project in Vivado 2018.3 for the xcku095-ffvb2104-1-c, then I go to the IP Catalog and open the transceivers wizard under FPGA Features and Design > IO Interfaces, I see something different than what you show below. Not only is the GTY: SATA missing, but several other interfaces in that vicinity are different as well.

Not everything listed in the dropdown I see is (Production). For example, the GTH: SATA is listed as (Pre-Production) and the GTY: HDMI is listed as (Beta).

Thanks once again.

Jack

gty-selection.png

0 Kudos