UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor alma.kahn
Visitor

SFP module Selection for zc706

Hi,

I should to select an SFP+ transceiver for the zc706 xilinx board. however I do not know which kind of transceiver is compatible with the sfp cage ( multi or single mode or both of them is okay). 

now, I use the FTLX8571D3BCL Finisar SFP+ module for communication between two zc706 board and the 10G Ethernet works well. this module is a single mode multi rate sfp+ module. 

however, I use a network card on my PC that only supports the  multi mode fiber cable (NC552SFP HP). I want to establish a 10G Ethernet communication between zc706 and my PC. can I use a multi mode sfp+ module at the zc706 side? please guide me about the types of sfp+ modules that the zc706 supports. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: SFP module Selection for zc706

hi @alma.kahn

multi or single mode is about the optical side of SFP/+, right?

our GTs on ZC706 is connected to the electrical side only. It is following the sff-8431 standard.

I don't think there is limitation for single mode or multi mode. i.e., if the SFP/+ module can support either multi mode fiber or single mode fiber or both if possible, then our ZC706 should be able to support those.

Do you know why the network card is restricted to multi mode fiber?

Thanks,

Boris

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visitor alma.kahn
Visitor

回复: SFP module Selection for zc706

Thank you. I think it was my misunderstanding about the SFP module.
0 Kudos