Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Sendind data from Matlab to Zynq PL

Hi guys,

I have a Digilent Zybo z7-20 board featuring a Zynq SoC. I would like to implement a slave peripheral in the PL part of the Zynq processor that receives input date from Matlab, process these data, and then send the results back to Matlab. If possible, I'd like to do it without making use of the PS part of the Zynq processor. I've been sarching on the web how to do it to do it but I haven't found anything yet. Do any of you know how to do it? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

There are a couple things you need to think about.  What data transfer rate do you need, or don't you care?  What connectors are on the board that go to the PL.  How will you connect these to your computer?

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

In principle I don't need any particular baud rate, so I dont care much about it. With respect to the communication protocol, I don't have any preference either, so may be UART?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor
Advisor

All the useful communications interfaces on the Zybo are connected via the PS, so you'll have to add a new interface for the PL. The Pmod USBUART should plug right in and give you a UART on the PL side. Then you can just plug that into a PC and send/receive data from Matlab.