UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor dawang
Visitor

Serial I/O Scan status reports incomplete, where the link is lock with BER below 10E-14

Hi, there 

I am using the ibert for gty trancesiver. The version of Vivado is 2018.3. 

I can see in the hardware manger that the link is up with 0 bit errors. But when I run the scan on the link of the transceivers, I always get the status: incomplete, no matter 1D/2D scan. I have a look at ug908, chapter 14 and 15, did not find any solution there. 

Any further suggetions?

Thanks

David

ibert_status.png
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Serial I/O Scan status reports incomplete, where the link is lock with BER below 10E-14

hello

in order to acquire a statistically valid set of measurements, IBERT needs to wait for a number of samples that is big if your target BER is small. It is possible that you set a target BER so small that this require days for the eyescan to be completed?

i.e. BER = 10^-2 means that you need at least 100 samples to capture one error. But if you are interested to BER = 10^-3 you need to wait at least 1000 samples to capture the first error.

In reality this is more complicated. Please check AR66799

Visitor dawang
Visitor

Re: Serial I/O Scan status reports incomplete, where the link is lock with BER below 10E-14

Here I am using 10^-5, so should not be too slow. 

Also if the progress is slow, should the progress bar with some number increasing to show the progress? In my case, the progress is always 0%.

scan_ibert.png
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hello

if you inject an error at transmitter side, is this error captured from the receiver?

0 Kudos
Visitor dawang
Visitor

The injecting error works as expected. Also I can get the eye diagram now. 

The changes I made was to change the region and language of my computer, and rebooting my FPGA platform.  

But one issue, I set the Serdes to work as 10.3125Gbps, but somehow only get 6.6Gbps from Status column in serial IO. How could this happen?

Thanks

eye_diagram.png
ibert_setting.png
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi @dawang 

you can check if the system clock frequency in IBERT setting can match hardware.

Thanks,

Boris

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos