UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor emakinbo
Visitor

Ultrascale+ GTH RX Phase Interpolator

Hello,

I found this answer record for how to manually adjust the RX phase interpolator for the 7 Series GTX: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/46024.html

Is the same thing possible in the Ultrascale+ GTH, and if so which ports would I use to access the configuration of the RX PI?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Ultrascale+ GTH RX Phase Interpolator

We don't support those kind of changes oridinarily.    What are you trying to accomplish by doing this?

Roy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Visitor beatsgr
Visitor

I also wondering how to change the phase of RX sampling clock,I tried the way for GTX, changing th e RXCDR_CFG of address 0xa8. I sent the 0xaaaaaaaa, but I can only receive the same thing even I have went throuth all 128 phases.

Is the GTX and GTH different? And is that pissible to shift the phase of RX of GTH transeceivers?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Visitor mecwee
Visitor

I have the same question. I was able to bypass CDR, and use the RX clock that I provided from external. However, I cannot find any information to use the RX PI to shift the phase. Would you advise? 

Since the TX PI works well, I would assume that the RX PI should be able to do the same thing for us to fine tune the phase for our specific high-speed SERDES application.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Ultrascale+ GTH RX Phase Interpolator

hi @emakinbo 

we don't support manually tune the RX PI in US/US+.

you can have a look at this example design which implements the quick lock for PON like designs.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1252-burst-clk-data-recovery.pdf

Thanks,

Boris

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------