Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Using IBERT for PS GTR SATA while running Linux OS

Hello Xilinx Forums,

I am trying to run the IBERT IP on the ZCU106 board to optimize my SATA interface to a custom board. I am running Linux OS from an SD card, so in the system, the ZCU106 board will be acting as the SATA host. I have been referring mostly to UG936- Programming and Debugging document Ch.10 to bring up the IBERT. I have generated a fsbl and was able to configure the IBERT in hardware manager.

BUT, I have not been successful in running the IBERT core while running linux from SD card. I noticed that the IBERT can only run on ARM Cortex-53 Core 0, therefore, I tried to halt arm core 0 by issuing command: echo 0 > /sys/bus/cpu/devices/cpu0/online in linux (shutdown will be successful). Immediately afterwards, I tried running configuring the IBERT in Hardware manager and receive an error saying IBERT was not able to open elf file. I will verify the error tomorrow. Also, switching to JTAG seemed to cause the linux environment to be unstable.

Questions:

1. Is there a way to run Linux OS and IBERT in parallel to analyze PS GTR lanes for SATA? 

2. Would I need to update a fsbl that configures the IBERT and PS during boot up, before booting up uboot and linux?

3. Are there low level registers I can access to tweak transceiver parameters (amplitude, pre-emphasis, etc.)?

3 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

The error is: [Labtools 27-3342] Could not detect IBERT GTR elf file.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I to am stuck on the problem
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello Gloryhunter1,

I was able to bring up the IBERT first in hardware manager, and then booting U-boot over JTAG. My next issue is to boot linux over SD card now that I am in U-boot. But, still configuring the environmental variables in U-boot to successfully boot linux. Hope that helps, let me know if you have booted over SD card!  

0 Kudos