cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar
Scholar

Using IBERT to test a receiver on a Artix

Jump to solution

I have an ADC that outputs a 5GB/s JESD204B stream. I want to test the link using the IBERT if that is possible. I have created the example design but can work out if I can just validate the GTP Rx for that link. I can see that the RX PLL is locked. But It seems to want me to pair it with a TX output. Cant I just do a scan of the incoming data? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Yes IBERT checks for PRBS signal. So you will see the error counter continuously increment. However you can still run an eyescan and if the TX signal quality is good, no matter if the transmitter is sending a PRBS signal, you should see a good open eye.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Yes IBERT checks for PRBS signal. So you will see the error counter continuously increment. However you can still run an eyescan and if the TX signal quality is good, no matter if the transmitter is sending a PRBS signal, you should see a good open eye.

View solution in original post

Scholar
Scholar

One more thing. I setup the IBERT for a 5Gb/s link and 250MHz ref clock. If I look at the properties of a link its saying 2 Gb/s. Any idea why this would be? Thanks

0 Kudos