Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kangsungsik
Explorer
Explorer

Using transceiver in KCU116.

Jump to solution

Now i'm using KCU116 evaluation board.

i try to transfer data by aurora communication from KCU116 to ZC706.

According to ug1239, KCU116 board provides 16 GTY transceiver 

• Eight of the GTY transceivers are wired to PCI Express® x8 edge connector (P1)
• Four of the GTY transceivers are wired to FMC HPC0 connector (J5)
• Four of the GTY transceivers are wired to zSFP/zSFP+ module connectors (J1, J3, J4, J6)

I want to use SMA connector for accessing GTY rather than PCIe,FMC,SFP.

Is it impossible?  

thankyou

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zhiq
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @kangsungsik

The simplest way is to use the SFP, you only need connect the sfp module between two boards. But I'm not sure if  you have this kind of module?

FMC is a liitle complex, as you need a externed card.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
zhiq
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @kangsungsik ,

I have quick checked the sch of KCU116, there're four sma on the board, but they are not connected to GT channels of the device. So you cannot directly use the sma on the board.

If you want, you can use a FMC card to fanout out the GT channel to the SMA. But it's a little complicated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kangsungsik
Explorer
Explorer

thanks for your reply. @zhiq 

Can i ask you one more question?

i find that there are PCIe ,SFP ,FMC connector which is connect with GT in both KCU116 and ZC706 board.

Which one is easier to use? Like i said in the post, my application is  data transferring between 2 Board by using aurora.

I've never used all three connector.

0 Kudos
zhiq
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @kangsungsik

The simplest way is to use the SFP, you only need connect the sfp module between two boards. But I'm not sure if  you have this kind of module?

FMC is a liitle complex, as you need a externed card.

View solution in original post

kangsungsik
Explorer
Explorer

thank you @zhiq .

I will try with SFF connector module.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos