UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why is the eyescan generated by the 18 and 14 versions of vivado different?

xilinx提供的一个关于eyescan的例程,将该例程分别在14版本和18版本运行,同样的开发板上烧写不同版本产生的程序,出来的eyescan图形不一样。14版本出来的eyescan更加平滑一些,18版本内部的eyescan会有棱角。造成上面的差异是什么原因?应该如何改?

Xilinx provides a routine about eyescan, which runs in versions 14 and 18 respectively. The same development board downloads programs generated by different versions, and the resulting eyescan graphics are different. The eyescan out of the 14 version is smoother, and the eyescan inside the 18 version has an angular shape. What is the cause of the above difference? How should I change?

14.png14version eyescan

18.png18 version eyescan

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Why is the eyescan generated by the 18 and 14 versions of vivado different?

They did do some work on the algorithms but it is not clear to me that these images use the same default - contour.  I think originally the algorithm tried to anticipate a 1X1 increment but that smoothing could cover potential problems.  You can get a smoother image by putting in a smaller horizontal and vertical increment.  This setup is fine for initial testing but I would use a vertical and horizontal increment of no more than 2 and use 10^9 points per sample to make sure everything is running well.  This channel looks like it will have no trouble. There are other viewing options in the "contour" pull down that will make it less smooth.  You should look at those as well.

Roy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos