Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

XC7A200TFBG676 GTP

Jump to solution

dear sir:
I am developing a XC7A200TFBG676-2 board and using four GTP channels of one quad.But i meet some problems :
(1) only two GTP channels of four GTPs can work correctly.
(2) another two GTP channels of data-receiving always lose frames, but sometimes they are working well all.
I do not know how can I do next? Looking forward to your reply!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@twotwo1405 Hi,

Have you tried the ibert example or GT wizard example project? what's the application you used?(what's the relationship among four channels, totally independently)  Which board did you use? our EVB or designed by yourself?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher
Wow
with that little information, it could be anything ..

Whats your level of experience with mutli Gb/s serial links and board design ?
Is this not working in simulation or on the board ?

My first gut reaction, assuming its hardware, not simulation, is you have signal integrity problems due to board design,

What does the simulation of the board look like ?
what tool did you use for board / layout simulation
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

dear Scholar:
        This is my first time to use four GTP channels transceiver.before i use one gtp channel, but it works well.But this time four GTP channels on my designed board cannot work correctly.And I have tried to use one of four GTP channels one time on a quad, it worked well.In addition I have checked GTP Signal Eye Chart from vivoda software,it also works well.
now i use vivoda development software.Looking forward to your reply!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Hi @twotwo1405 

Did you supply enough current for GTP ?

Also, did you make sure eye diagram and estimate clock jitter, too ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@twotwo1405 Hi,

Have you tried the ibert example or GT wizard example project? what's the application you used?(what's the relationship among four channels, totally independently)  Which board did you use? our EVB or designed by yourself?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi watari:

Thanks for your reply! My problem has been resolved! The causes of failure is my logic design.

Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor
Hi zhiq:
I use four channels independently,on my test board.
0 Kudos