Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wzy96321
Visitor
Visitor

ZC706 PL receive data from PC

Jump to solution

Hi,

I find the Uart and Etherenet PHY only in PS.So Is there any other way to receive  data from PC to PL? IF no,can the J63 ( the XADC  header)or other interface external a uart to USB circuit toachieve it?

Regards,

J63.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
satguy
Explorer
Explorer

For small amounts of data I wouldn't take the burden of Ethernet.

Microblaze is not exactly PS, it resides in the PL. It requires software, yes, but I think you can't get away without that. If you are brave enough, you could try some HDL, but I think you'd end up doing the same but from scratch. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
satguy
Explorer
Explorer

you can have an Ethernet IP on the PL but I don't think it's practical. If I had to use Ethernet I would use the one in the PS and DMA data to the PL as needed.

Alternatively, you can have a Microblaze and a UART interface. Much lighter. It all depends in the amount of data and complexity of the link.

0 Kudos
wzy96321
Visitor
Visitor
The amount of data is little , Use Microblaze ,mean have to use PS,it can't transmit data between ZC706 board and PC by PL(use verilog code to achieve it) only?
0 Kudos
wzy96321
Visitor
Visitor
The amount of data is little , Use Microblaze ,mean have to use PS,it can't transmit data between ZC706 board and PC by PL(use verilog code to achieve it) only?
0 Kudos
satguy
Explorer
Explorer

For small amounts of data I wouldn't take the burden of Ethernet.

Microblaze is not exactly PS, it resides in the PL. It requires software, yes, but I think you can't get away without that. If you are brave enough, you could try some HDL, but I think you'd end up doing the same but from scratch. 

View solution in original post

wzy96321
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks,looks like it's going to have to be done PS+PL.

0 Kudos