UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jun.won
Visitor

cdrlock does not work when using 'RX CDR Lock to Reference' mode

Jump to solution

Hello

I want an RX CDR to lock to reference clock.

I set RXCDRHOLD = 1’b1 and RXCDROVRDEN = 1’b0 according to an answer record (https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62527.html).

However, 'rxcdrlock_int' and 'rx_cdr_stable_int' signals were not asserted (i.e., constant 0).

How could I get 'rxcdrlock_int' asserted?

In addition, could you let me know the meaning of 'rxcdrlock_int' when using RX CDR locked to reference mode?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: cdrlock does not work when using 'RX CDR Lock to Reference' mode

Jump to solution

The CDR is not "locked" in lock to reference mode. Refer to page 217 of UG578 v1.3.  The RXCDRHOLD disables the phase interpolator which makes the block just a pass through and turns the channel into just a division of the Q/CPLL clock's output.  As long as the Q/CPLL is locked you're good.  There is nothing else in the channel to lock in that mode.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Re: cdrlock does not work when using 'RX CDR Lock to Reference' mode

Jump to solution

The CDR is not "locked" in lock to reference mode. Refer to page 217 of UG578 v1.3.  The RXCDRHOLD disables the phase interpolator which makes the block just a pass through and turns the channel into just a division of the Q/CPLL clock's output.  As long as the Q/CPLL is locked you're good.  There is nothing else in the channel to lock in that mode.

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution

View solution in original post