UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

kintex ultrascale gtx/gth

Hi all, I want to implement GTX/GTH without any encoder(bare metal).

I want to know few things about gtx/gth.

1. what will be the minimum pulse width i can generate( <=100ps is good for my application).

2. If i use 2 gtx/gth in a board as tx, can i match the relative delay between them.

3. can i change the pulse width(on time) ????

board : kintex ultrascale( part nbr: FBVA676-1-C).

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: kintex ultrascale gtx/gth

Pulse width is defined by the line rate.  Each UI would be 100 ps at a 10Gbps line rate.  If you are not ac coupled you could create wider pulses but with a granularity of 100ps. In a normal application you would be concerned with the number of pulses needed to keep the far end PLL working correctly but I get the impression that you don't have a normal link in mind.  2 lanes would be within 500 ps of each other but if you can measure the outputs you could use the TX phase interpolator to synchronize the lanes.

The pulses are controlled by the TXDATA input. You would be sending data to the input and every 1 would correspond to a "pulse" in the output.  You should use the simulator to make sure the GT will work for the system you have in mind.

Roy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos