cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

"tx/rx_core_clk" for JESD204C

Jump to solution

Hello,

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/jesd204c/v3_0/pg242-jesd204c.pdf

Above link says core clock can be provided by MGTREFCLK using "BUFG_GT" shown in Figure 3-3 of page 35.

I got an error saying O pin of IBUFD_GTE4 shown as below. But It was ok with ODIV2. Below is an example. I have to use the same frequency of core clock as MGTREFCLK.

IBUFDS_GTE4 Inst_ibufdsgt_if0_phyq0
( .CEB (1'b0),
.I (mgtrefclk0_x0y1_p),
.IB (mgtrefclk0_x0y1_n),

.O (if0_phyq0_refclk_1),
.ODIV2 (if0_phyq0_refclk_1_div2)
);

BUFG_GT m0Buf
( .I ( if0_phyq0_refclk_1),
//( .I ( if0_phyq0_refclk_1_div2),
.O ( if0_phyq0_refclk_1_core),
.CE ( gt_powergood_ce),
.DIV ( 3'b000),
.CLR ( 1'b0),
.CLRMASK ( 1'b0),
.CEMASK ( 1'b0)
);

Do you have any comment on this?

Thanks,

KW

CoreClk_BUFG_GT.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: "tx/rx_core_clk" for JESD204C

Jump to solution

As it says, the output of an IBUFDS_GTE can't drive a global buffer, because accordding to ug576 it has a dedicated routing straight to the GT core (its refclks). 

I saw the document and I guess it meant to use the odiv2 port of the buffer.

For your application there are 2 options:

1. Use the frequency of refclk for running core logic. You need to use the odiv2 output of the IBUFDS_GTE. In this way frequency of the clock you are getting could be the same refclk or its half with selecting the REFCLK_HROW_CK_SEL attribute. For more information please see page26 of ug576 section "Reference Clock Input/Output Structure".

2. Another way to use the clock from the GT core is to get the clock from GT's TXOUTCLK/RXOUTCLK. These clock are synced with TX refclk and recovered clock respectively. To do so, just insert a BUFG_GT at the output of one based on your application.

--
If this post was helpful, don't forget to give kudos, reply and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

As it says, the output of an IBUFDS_GTE can't drive a global buffer, because accordding to ug576 it has a dedicated routing straight to the GT core (its refclks). 

I saw the document and I guess it meant to use the odiv2 port of the buffer.

For your application there are 2 options:

1. Use the frequency of refclk for running core logic. You need to use the odiv2 output of the IBUFDS_GTE. In this way frequency of the clock you are getting could be the same refclk or its half with selecting the REFCLK_HROW_CK_SEL attribute. For more information please see page26 of ug576 section "Reference Clock Input/Output Structure".

2. Another way to use the clock from the GT core is to get the clock from GT's TXOUTCLK/RXOUTCLK. These clock are synced with TX refclk and recovered clock respectively. To do so, just insert a BUFG_GT at the output of one based on your application.

--
If this post was helpful, don't forget to give kudos, reply and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for your comment. I'd rather use one of your option below.

.REFCLK_HROW_CK_SEL (2'b00), // 2'b00: ODIV2 = O

I am already using TXOUTCLK/RXOUTCLK for BRAM read/write clock for UltraScale+.

I am just wondering if there should be any specific configuration sequence for JESD204C & GTY block in case I choose TXOUTCLK/RXOUTCLK for "tx/rx_core_clk"? As TXOUTCLK/RXOUTCLK is output from GTY block..

Thanks,

KW

0 Kudos