UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer junnit
Observer

the reset after DRP

Jump to solution

Hi Xilinx engineers,

I have used the DRP ports to write the TXOUT_DIV/RXOUT_DIV to change the line rate,but after I set these attributes,I have to make the reset according to the UG476,when TX rate changes,the TX pcs and pma must be reset,when the RX rate changes,the RX pcs must be reset,so should I pull the TXRESET/RXPCSRESET up,after the drprdy is high?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: the reset after DRP

Jump to solution

Yes for gtx pulse the soft reset unless you are in loopback.  In loopback separate the inputs to do tx reset and then rx reset.  Also note that if you are replacing the data generation and checking routines you also need to set dont_reset_on_data_error_in to 1'b1 instead of ground.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Jump to solution

If you are starting from the example design, and you should be, you would normally do a gtwiz_reset_all_in from the top level unless you are in a loopback situation where you would first do a gtwiz_reset_tx_pll_and_datapath_in followed by gtwiz_reset_rx_and_datapath_in.  You wouldn't go into the lower component level resets unless timing was critical.  If the timing were critical you would use the gtwiz_reset_tx_datapath as it is the full reset and then do the RXPCSRESET.

Observer junnit
Observer

Jump to solution

thanks a lot,I have started from a reference design project,so I should just set the soft_reset_i to reset the whole GTX after the DRP?

thank you very much

捕获.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yes for gtx pulse the soft reset unless you are in loopback.  In loopback separate the inputs to do tx reset and then rx reset.  Also note that if you are replacing the data generation and checking routines you also need to set dont_reset_on_data_error_in to 1'b1 instead of ground.

View solution in original post

Observer junnit
Observer

Jump to solution

thanks a lot roym,I have succeeded changing the rate,thank you a lot!

0 Kudos