UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer vsureshkumar
Observer

Board design quiry...

Jump to solution

Hello Sir,

I am designing virtex-5 based board.I want to use  SPI PROM Flash and   BPI PROM Flash for storing configaration and user data respectively. Is it possible to connect both to bank 0(config bank) and use as mentioned above?.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Board design quiry...

Jump to solution
3.75 Gb/s if it is -3 or -2 speed grade V-5 device and 3.2 Gb/s for -1 speed grade device.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Scholar austin
Scholar

Jump to solution

v,

Read the configuration users guide.  It details all the possible configuration modes.  If yours isn't pictured, then it can not be done.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Instructor
Instructor

Jump to solution

@vsureshkumar wrote:

Hello Sir,

I am designing virtex-5 based board.I want to use  SPI PROM Flash and   BPI PROM Flash for storing configaration and user data respectively. Is it possible to connect both to bank 0(config bank) and use as mentioned above?.

I'm not clear on the question.  Are you saying that one flash only stores the FPGA bitstream and

another only stores user data?  In that configuration, the flash for user data could use any I/O's

compatible with the device.  It would not need to use dedicated configuration pins.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Observer vsureshkumar
Observer

Jump to solution

yes my question is same, thank you........

Will it work if I connect GTP device MGT TX and RX pins  to GTX device MGT RX and TX pins? If yes any extra interface circuit is required? Will it work at GTP speed?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Yes, you can interface them directly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

0 Kudos
Observer vsureshkumar
Observer

Jump to solution

What will be the speed ?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
3.75 Gb/s if it is -3 or -2 speed grade V-5 device and 3.2 Gb/s for -1 speed grade device.

0 Kudos