UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant heiyux
Participant

Can I use S25FL128S for Virtex-6 SPI configration?

Jump to solution

Hey everyone,

I want to use 2.5V IO standard in the bank  contains  SPI pins in XC6VSX315T, and the Spansion S25FL-S family can support Vio of 2.5V (full range is 1.65V - 3.6V).  But I notice that the impact software in ISE 13.3 has still not support the S25FL-S family yet. Only S25FL-P is supported, which is described in  http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx13_3/pim_r_supported_spi_bpi_proms.htm

I want to know that if I can use S25FL128S for Virtex-6 SPI configration. 

Can I select S25FL129P in impact and use S25FL128S on board?

The support of impact software, as I understand, is a kind of data write & read protocol(like commands) and programs of specific timing. So if the protocol and timing are the same, then I can use the chip on board and select another in impact. If not, then I can't use it in that way. Is this correct?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Can I use S25FL128S for Virtex-6 SPI configration?

Jump to solution

Hello,

It is not specifically targeted becasue of the voltage incompatibility (3.3V) but if it can run at 2.5V then you can use V6 withthis flash.  Yes you woudl select the P version and then use the XIL_IMPACT_SKIPIDCODECHECK=1; environment variable. 

This particular flash S25FL128S and S25FL256S are both supported with 7 Series devices.

Regards,

Kyle

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

It is not specifically targeted becasue of the voltage incompatibility (3.3V) but if it can run at 2.5V then you can use V6 withthis flash.  Yes you woudl select the P version and then use the XIL_IMPACT_SKIPIDCODECHECK=1; environment variable. 

This particular flash S25FL128S and S25FL256S are both supported with 7 Series devices.

Regards,

Kyle

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Participant heiyux
Participant

Jump to solution

Hi, Kyle,

Thanks for helping!

You said "It is not specifically targeted becasue of the voltage incompatibility (3.3V) ."

I don't think so. Because  S25FL129P is the one have voltage incompatibility problem, S25FL128S is capable of working in 2.5V IO standard.

"if it can run at 2.5V then you can use V6 withthis flash.  Yes you woudl select the P version and then use the XIL_IMPACT_SKIPIDCODECHECK=1; environment variable. "

Thanks for tipping. But I have not check if they have same commands and W&R timing yet. I'll check it.

Thanks very much!

Regards

Day

0 Kudos