UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor kevinhart
Visitor

EOL for low end devices

Jump to solution

Hello,

I was wondering what the EOL was for both the Spartan 6 and the Artix 7.  If the EOL for the Spartan 6 is significantly sooner than the Artix 7 it will influence my decision on part selection for an upcoming project.  Also are there plans for a Spartan 7?

Thanks, Kevin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: EOL for low end devices

Jump to solution
Hi Kevin,

The EOL/ product discontinuation notice will be published well in advance (say 2 years).

As of now, I don't any product discontinuation notices served for 6-series devices. We still have Spartan-3 devices in the market and there are no discontinuation notices issued for them till date.

So, you can take this as there is fairly lot of time for the 6-series devices to become extinct.

There is no Spartan-7 device but you can consider using Artix-7 instead.

Regards,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi Kevin,

The EOL/ product discontinuation notice will be published well in advance (say 2 years).

As of now, I don't any product discontinuation notices served for 6-series devices. We still have Spartan-3 devices in the market and there are no discontinuation notices issued for them till date.

So, you can take this as there is fairly lot of time for the 6-series devices to become extinct.

There is no Spartan-7 device but you can consider using Artix-7 instead.

Regards,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Kevin,

You can also talk to the sales/FAE of Xilinx distributors from the following link to select the device based on your requirement

http://www.xilinx.com/company/contact/auth-disti-table.htm

--Krishna

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The Spartan 6 and the Artix 7 are active components and product life is high. I did not hear any road map for Spartan-7. To know about product life and new products road map I would recommend to talk to your local FAE/DFAE he would be a right & autherized person to guide you on this. You can get contact details of them from the following link http://www.xilinx.com/company/sales/ww_disti.htm is there anything more you are expecting from my end?. (That link can guide to http://www.xilinx.com/company/contact/auth-disti-table.htm)

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Visitor kevinhart
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you Krishna!  This was helpful.

-Kevin

0 Kudos