04-22-2011 02:54 AM
I’m implementing Embedded JTAG ACE player refer to XAPP424.
I have few questions that need further clarification.
The player can play out all JTAG command that I converted from svf file to ace file.
But, just don’t understand why it cannot erase all or program Xilinx PROM (XCF16P) successfully.
Reading back the player ERROR and EOF is always low.
My questions is:
1. Input clock frequency to HDL player is ~8.33MHz (period is 120ns, 50% duty cycle). Found that TCK output of the player is ~595KHz (period is 1680ns, 29% high duty cycle, 71% low duty cycle). Refer to the attached simulation output. Wondering if this is normal?
2. To generate the Ace file using svf2ace command, should i refer -tck using 8.33MHz or 595KHz?
I had tested both also cannot program XCF16P successfully.
05-03-2011 07:47 PM
Appreciate if anyone can provide me some advice to solve this problem. Thanks..
My questions is:
1. Input clock frequency to HDL player is ~8.33MHz (period is 120ns, 50% duty cycle). Found that TCK output of the player have longer time in ‘low’ state compare to ‘high’ state. Which means total period is 1680ns, 480ns for high state, 1200ns for low state. Refer to the attached simulation output, the actual output that I probe using scope is almost the same as simulation. Wondering if this is the correct behavior of the player TCK?
2. To generate the Ace file using svf2ace command, what is the correct –tck value that I should use in this case? The reason I’m asking this is because I had tested few frequency (8.33Mhz, 595Khz, 1Mhz, 1.04167Mhz) also failed to program PROM.
3. When I refer to the player HDL code, both ERROR and EOF will in low state when it’s in idle mode. But, I think it shouldn’t in idle mode if it can play out waveform data for TCK and TDI. I do not get file error (ERROR = 1, EOF = 1) or TDO_Check error (ERROR = 1, EOF = 0) when player play ace data. What could be others possible reason that both ERROR and EOF is always low?
09-09-2011 12:32 PM
Did you ever get this to work?
I'm implementing the ACE player (after converting to Verilog actually) but I'm wondering what kind of model you connected your player to for simulation? Ideally I'd like to use a model for the XCF32P but I can't seem to find any PROM model I can use...