UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor zkemossion
Visitor

How many year is the data retention of XQ18V04VQ44N?

Hello, my design use the XC18V04VQ44C as the configuration device for FPGA. But our purchasing department had bought XQ18V04VQ44N partially instead of XC18V04VQ44C, and the product that mounting the XQ18V04 had been delivered. I noticed that the data retention of XC18V04 is 20 years(DS026,V5.2,2008), and the data retention of XQ18V04 is 10 years(DS125,V1.0,2003). Whether the XQ18V04 can hold data for more than 10 years reliable? If not , we will have to recall our product that mounting the XQ18V04. It will be costly.

Waiting for your reply.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: How many year is the data retention of XQ18V04VQ44N?

z,

It is as stated in the data sheets.

Reliability is also covered in ug116.

Some series are for extended temperature requirements (-40C to ?100 or ?125C).  C series is for commericial (0 to 85C).

If the environment is very hot, then you have ten year retention.  If you are below 85C, then it is 20 years.  If you operate the C version out of specification (very hot) it will also be only ten years!

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The product life depends in terms number of programming/erasing cycles. The number of programming and erase cycles specified in data sheet (I remember it is 2000 cycles. Please confirm by looking data sheet)

If number of programming/erasing cycles is less than that spec and  if there is no EOS (Electrical over stress) and over temperature the there no limit for number of years life.

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Visitor zkemossion
Visitor

Thanks.

XC18V04VQ44C is industry grade(-40~85), and XQ18V04VQ44N is m grade(-55~125). Their specifacation and package are almost identical, except the program cycle(20000 cycles vs. 2000 cycles) and  the data retention(20 years vs. 10 years).

I want to know whether they use the same Die?

0 Kudos
Scholar austin
Scholar

z,

I cannot answer that.  The M grade parts, and the I grade part guarantee is only what is specified.  There is no guarantee they are the same die.  They may, or may not be.  That is our option to make that decision whenever we need to.  Feel free to tear one apart and see if the lot you have have identical die if it is important to you.  Or, go back and get the correct part and replace the other ones.

We have to be especially careful, as Xilinx will not assume liability for your design.  Thus, if it isn't written in the data sheet, it isn't there.  It is up to you to test, and qualify the part for use.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos