UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Problem with parallel loading

I'm working with a board that has a problem with parallel loading. It's A Spartan 3 FPGA with an XCF08P flash.
The firmware loads without issues when serial configuration is set (M bits: "000") . However, it doesn't work with parllel loading (M bits: "110").

Any ideas ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

Re: Problem with parallel loading

There are a number of possible causes for such problems.  You should post the board schematics if you want to pursue this problem further in these forums, so we can see a bit more of what you see.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Problem with parallel loading

hi,

when you program the xcf prom with iMPACT, did you forget to check the Parallel option?

You not only want to set the mode pins for FPGA, but also want to enable the Parallel register inside PROM.

Boris

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos