UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor engrjet
Visitor

Virtex6 Configuration Problem

I am using V6LX130T with XCF128 . Generally everything works fine. Platform flash is getting programmed and FPGA is getting configured normally.

But when I start in the morning after power on FPGA not getting configured though the PFLASH is already programmed with the mcs.

My observations:

When started for the first time in a day FPGA is not configured.

Then I waited for few minutes sometimes it comes up.

Sometimes after waiting for few minutes if turned off and on again then it comes up.

Once started, For the whole day I could turn off and on as many times I wanted and everytime FPGA got successfully configured.

I am unable to understand what is the root cause for not getting configured when I try for the first time. Need Help

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Visitor engrjet
Visitor

Re: Virtex6 Configuration Problem

I am still not out of this problem. Need somebodys help.

0 Kudos
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

I am still not out of this problem. Need somebodys help.

Some things to check:

• XCF128 purchased from unreliable channel
  • defective XCF128, or some other component (try another board, check for consistency)
  • marginal power supply or supplies
  • marginal board layout design (poor signal integrity in XCF128 interface signals)
  • configuration settings of FPGA or XCF128 deviate from UG360 recommendations
  • state of INIT_B and DONE pins when configuration fails

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

I'm wondering if the issue is resolved or not.

Can you please read the status register of the device after the configuration failure? This will give us a clue on what exactly is going wrong.

Regards,
Krishna
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos