UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor ctstone
Visitor

AXI VIP read_data mismatch

Hi all,

Recently, I am working on AXI VIP as slave with memory, the reference tutorial is this: 

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18841614/Validating+a+master+AXI4+interface+using+the+Verification+IP+as+a+slave#ValidatingamasterAXI4interfaceusingtheVerificationIPasaslave-Project

My custom IP has 128-bit AXI data channel, which is different from the tutorial above.

After Step 5 : Launch the simulation, I assumed the AXI VIP will output the same read_data as write_data.

However, it seems that only LSB 32-bit is the same.

I was wondering whether can I trace the AXI VIP RTL code.

Because in the simulation scope, the "Go to Source Code" is not available.

Both vivado 2017.2/2018.2 and AXI VIP v1.0.2/v1.1 are tried and both versions show the same result.

Thanks for your help!

AXI_VIP_rdata_mismatch.PNG
go_to_source_code.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: AXI VIP read_data mismatch

Hi @ctstone,

Could you post the complete waveforms for your custom master's AXI Read command? Could you also post the output from the AXI VIP when it detects this read access? 

If I had to guess, one of two things is happening:

1. The data width of the AXI VIP is not set correctly. Please check the configuration GUI and make sure it has a 128 bit interface.

2. The ARSIZE field in your master's read command is not correct. For a 128-bit read, this should be set to 3'b100.

The AXI VIP code is available, but I'm not sure how to make it trace-able with XSIM. You can see the source under <Vivado install directory>\data\xilinx_vip.

Regards,

Deanna

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos