UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer rayhoare
Observer

Adding collapsed groups to ISim with tcl

Hello all,

I can successfully add groups to ISim via tcl with the code below:

## add Fifo_IN's
set Fifo_r72_IN_id [group add "Fifo_r72_IN"]
set Fifo_r64_IN_id [group add "Fifo_r64_IN"]
set Fifo_r32_IN_id [group add "Fifo_r32_IN"]
set Fifo_r24_IN_id [group add "Fifo_r24_IN"]
wave add -into $Fifo_r72_IN_id -radix hex /top/Fifo_r72_IN/
wave add -into $Fifo_r64_IN_id -radix hex /top/Fifo_r64_IN/
wave add -into $Fifo_r32_IN_id -radix hex /top/Fifo_r32_IN/
wave add -into $Fifo_r24_IN_id -radix hex /top/Fifo_r24_IN/

However, I'd like the groups to be collapsed when I add them.  Currently, they are all added as expanded groups and it makes a mess of a signal-list on the screen.

Is there any configuration or settings parameter I can set so that when groups are added via tcl, they are added as collapsed groups?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Adding collapsed groups to ISim with tcl

There is no TCL command for that but after creating the groups and adding signals, click inside the Waveform Window and do a CTRL-A, this select everything in the window. Right click and select Collapse. It collapses all the groups.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos