UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer mreisteremp
Observer

Assigned Top Level simulation file Vivado

I am attempting to simulate a vivado ip project. What I would like to do is create a top level file that calls my design. I have created this top levels file and “added it” to my simulation set. However, when I add this to my simulation set it get place into a “unreferenced” file location under libraries in vivado? (see attached screenshot)

I guess this get placed in the unreferenced file location because nothing is referencing it…. But how do I tell vivado that this is the top level file I would like to use for my simulation?

I tried right clicking on the file I would like to make my top level simulation source and try to make it my top level module however when i do this i dont see and option for setting this as a top level module

Tags (2)
VivadoSimulationQuestion.PNG
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Assigned Top Level simulation file Vivado

Hi,

Have tried setting it as top module from sources tab?

Check below.

In the source Tab -> Select the file which you need to set as top module from the simulation Sources -> right Click on it -> Set as Top Module

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Do you see any errors in console?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Observer mreisteremp
Observer

ok thanks for the replay, but the problem was that there was errors in the Top level file that i wanted to use. Once i corrected this error it poped into my simulation section and was able to use it as my top level simulation file.... my bad.

However, i never recieved any errors about this file i had to find the and correct the errors in the file by inspecting it myself.....

I am now having almost the exact same problem now with a diffrent file. Maybe i should open a new thread on this, but I am trying to add a vhdl library to my simulation and it throws this package into the exact same place the "unrefrenced" seciton.  I do refrence this library in my simulation so agian i dont understand why it states it non-refrenced.... 

I am assuming the probablem is the same. The package i am trying to add has errors in it and that is why vivado thinks its unrefrenced.

However i dont know anyway way to "check syntax" on this file. ISE had a check syntax button, but this seams to be missing in vivado.. 

So what is the best way to find the syntax errors in a file that vivado thinks is unrefrenced?

I have attached a screenshot of my new unrefrenced file...

Axi_Stim_Error.PNG
0 Kudos