UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor phil_0031
Visitor

BRAM initialization for Post-Synthesis simulation

I have integrated in Vivado a SW core having internal scratch-pad RAM for data (dspm) and instruction (ispm), synthesize as BRAM ressource on the Arty Z7-10 (xc7z010clg400-1).

The memory is implemented in verilog as following, to match BRAMS allocation (16Kb) using generate and BRAMS directive.

For functional simulation, I have created a verilog testbench with following initialization (defining the hiearchy for initialisation). Simulation works.

reg [31:0] ispm_init [4095:0];
  reg [31:0] dspm_init [4095:0];
  reg [15:0] k; 

$readmemh("ispmfile.mem", ispm_init);
    $readmemh("dspmfile.mem", dspm_init);
    for(k = 0; k < 4096; k = k + 1) begin
        design_system_1.design_1_i.Core_0.inst.imem.BRAMS[0].ispm[k] = ispm_init[k][3:0];
        design_system_1.design_1_i.Core_0.inst.imem.BRAMS[1].ispm[k] = ispm_init[k][7:4];

I want to reuse the same testbench after synthesis for post-synthesis functional simualtion, and get the following error:

ERROR: [VRFC 10-93] BRAMS is not declared under prefix imem.

I have checked names in synthesize netlist hiearchy (and also in schematic) design_system_1.design_1_i.Core_0.inst.imem.BRAMS[0].ispm_reg exist and even by using this name, I get the same error indefined imem.

What's wrong ?

Thanks for help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos