UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer jesuslazaro
Observer

BUFR simulation error when not in the same file using ISIM

When I instantiate a BUFR in a file and use the output clock in a FFD, if I use the output of the FFD in another file as input to a FFD using the same BUFR clock, the simulation does not work as expected.

If everything is in the same file or I do a translate simulation, the result is as expected.

bufr_error.jpg

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: BUFR simulation error when not in the same file using ISIM

I think you are seeing a race condition based on two different clocks being in use. You can't observe it in the waveform because the clocks happen at the same time but at different simulation steps. I am not exactly sure how to fix it in VHDL but try generating your clock at a higher level and make it pass through the same number of module (entity) boundaries; that might help.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Observer jesuslazaro
Observer

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

All the flip flops have the same clock as can be seen in the attached VHDL code. I also thnough it was a race condition but even in the RTL viewer it can be seen that all the elements have the same clock.

0 Kudos
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

I don't see an attached VHDL file.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Observer jesuslazaro
Observer

In the original post there is a ZIP file with three VHDL files, including the testbench used to generate the image.
0 Kudos