cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
belarbi_alex
Observer
Observer

Bad DLL Format when loading libxil_vsim.dll in modelsim

When I want to run Modelsim PE 10.5c with Vivado 2016.3, I have the following message :

Load of "C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2016.3/lib/win32.o/libxil_vsim.dll" failed: Bad DLL format

Failed to load PLI object file "C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2016.3/lib/win32.o/libxil_vsim.dll

I have replaced win64.o by win32.o just before running the command vsim  below :

vsim -voptargs="+acc" -pli "C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2016.3/lib/win32.o/libxil_vsim.dll" -L xil_defaultlib -L xpm -L unisims_ver -L unimacro_ver -L secureip -lib xil_defaultlib xil_defaultlib.tdc_ip_core_tb xil_defaultlib.glbl

I follow the AR# 53678, AR# 62210, AR# 64083 instructions, but I saw that the library are always compiled with nt64 format 

I set set_property MODELSIM.64BIT 0 [current_fileset -simset] but I obtain the same result

Thanks

compile_lib.png
0 Kudos
2 Replies
thakurr

Hi @belarbi_alex

Can you check if this link helps:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Simulation-and-Verification/Bad-DLL-Format-when-loading-libxil-vsim-dll-in-modelsim/td-p/550210

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
belarbi_alex
Observer
Observer

I have run the command line Vivado -m32 , this command isn't known 

You can see the prompted message in the attached file 

Is Vivado 2016.3 running for 32 bit architecture ?

Thank you for your help 

Best regards 

Capture.JPG
0 Kudos