cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yjgao
Explorer
Explorer

Can ISE13.1 support System Verilog for design and verification?

Hi all,

Can ISE13.1 support System Verilog for design and verification?

Thanks.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
duthv
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

SystemVerilog support is planned as part of our 14.1 release in CY 2012.

ISim will add support in phases, where we will initially support the SystemVerilog for Design constructs and then we will phase in the support for SystemVerilog for Verification.

Thanks

Duth

0 Kudos
mychalhall
Visitor
Visitor

Duth,

What makes this any different than 3 years ago when a full production release was promised in 12.1?

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Archived-ISE-issues/I-hope-Systemverilog-will-be-supported-soon/m-p/21415/highlight/false

I've been hearing the same from our FAE saying that this will be supported "soon" for the past 4-5 years.  At least there are alternatives to Xilinx...

Message for the OP is don't believe ANYONE until you actually see it work.

0 Kudos
pmeyeratdatest
Visitor
Visitor

Duth:

Could I please ask Xilinx to publish a commited roadmap for SystemVerilog support.  My primary interest is in SystemVerilog in design (ie XST/ISE HDL parser) as we are using a 3rd party SystemVerilog simulator. 

My thanks!

Peter

0 Kudos
goalyoung
Observer
Observer

14.1?

0 Kudos
rcingham
Teacher
Teacher

14.1 = 13.4 + 0.7

;-)

------------------------------------------
"If it don't work in simulation, it won't work on the board."
tpduke

Now that the latest ISE release is 14.2, is System Verilog supported for synthesis?

0 Kudos
graces

System Verilog will not be supported in ISE releases. We'll add support in Vivado.

The current 2012.2 Vivado Simulator doesn't support SV yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
stmartin81
Adventurer
Adventurer

Where can I get an overview which languages and which revisions of the languages are supported for synthesis and simulation? I've searched for SystemVerilog support in Vivado and this thread was the best overview of the current state I was able to find.

0 Kudos
stmartin81
Adventurer
Adventurer

0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi, 

Vivado synthesis supports System verilog. Please refer to chapter-3 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_1/ug901-vivado-synthesis.pdf for details on supported constructs.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
debrajr

System Verilog is supported in Vivado 2014.1 and the listed constructs are present in document: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_1/ug900-vivado-logic-simulation.pdf.

As its a beta version you may see issues and it would be great if you can post them as soon as you see it.

Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stmartin81
Adventurer
Adventurer

Nice! Thanks for the update!

0 Kudos
debrajr

Welcome!

If you have sometime feel free to chech this discussion

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Simulation-and-Verification/Do-you-use-SystemVerilog-DPI/td-p/459256

Regards,
Debraj
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos