cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tessitd
Explorer
Explorer

Can we creating a listing view like ModelSim/QuestaSim?

Jump to solution

Well the subject says it all.  In Modelsim/Questasim we can create a "listing" view of the simulation which is very much like a Value Change Dump.

Our source language is VHDL we could put in assertions but that is messy to edit the code.  Having a listing of the signals of interest would be very helpful.

Thanks,

TomT...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bandi

Hi @tessitd,

I hope you are referring to the below list viewer in Questasim.

list_view.JPG

In vivado XSIM we do not have any such viewer but you can view the values from object window and also generate a VCD file using the below commands.

open_vcd xsim_dump.vcd

log_vcd /tb/dut/*

run all

close_vcd quit

object.JPG 

For more information on using the VCD commands, please refer the below user guide page#119:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug900-vivado-logic-simulation.pdf

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bandi

Hi @tessitd,

I hope you are referring to the below list viewer in Questasim.

list_view.JPG

In vivado XSIM we do not have any such viewer but you can view the values from object window and also generate a VCD file using the below commands.

open_vcd xsim_dump.vcd

log_vcd /tb/dut/*

run all

close_vcd quit

object.JPG 

For more information on using the VCD commands, please refer the below user guide page#119:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug900-vivado-logic-simulation.pdf

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
tessitd
Explorer
Explorer

So what you are a saying is if I can process the VCD data to create such a view then this is the process.  I was hoping Vivado would have a sequence of TCL commands to manipulate the WaveformDataBase that is natively stored.

I will look to see if I can find some tools to create that data from the VCD unless someone knows of a tool suite.  TCL, Python or PERL would be acceptable.

TomT...

0 Kudos