Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nawal_bo
Visitor
Visitor

Cannot download latest version of ISE for Windows

Hi,

I am unable to download the ISE Design Suite for Windows 10 - 14.7 as a class instructor. For some reason, the form claims that the information is incorrect but does not inform me which information is incorrect. If this is a free version, why do they need to verify the address first? My institution is outside the USA. Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Nawal 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

Could this be export compliance ?

Xilinx as a US company is forbidden under US law from exporting anything, including free gifts, to certain countries.
Which country are you in , and is your account registered to that country ?

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
nawal_bo
Visitor
Visitor

Hi Dr. John,

Thank you for your reply. My institution is located in Egypt. Is Egypt not on the list of approved countries?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Nawal

0 Kudos
u4223374
Advisor
Advisor

@nawal_bo Unfortunately Egypt is a category D country according to the USA (see Xilinx AR here). As I understand it, the USA reckons that Egypt may be developing chemical/biological weapons and/or missile technology, and they don't intend to give Egypt any help in that - so they refuse to allow "high technology" (including Xilinx ISE) to be exported to Egypt.

0 Kudos