cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Cannot find design unit xil_defaultlib.system_tb in library work located at xsim.dir/work

Hi all,

I met the error "Cannot find design unit xil_defaultlib.system_tb in library work located at xsim.dir/work". I tried the posts on the forum to set Library, which cannot work. How to solve it? Thanks much.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @zhengyudennis1

In the Sources window of Vivado, under sim_1, select the file. In the below properties window, change the library.Snapshot below:

library.PNG

FYI.. By default, the library is set to xil_defaultlib

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Should I change the library from "xil_defaultlib" to "work"?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

If I change it to 'work', then it reports "[XSIM 43-3225] Cannot find design unit work.system_tb in library work located at xsim.dir/work.
". I am not sure what is wrong. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @zhengyudennis1

Can you please share your project archive?

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Sorry, I cannot do it, since it is a very big design. I searched on the website and the cause is the xil_defaultlib.system_tb is not generated. However, the syntax is correct for system_tb file. Do you know some other causes? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @zhengyudennis1,

What is the size of archived project file?

I can send you an ezmove link to share the archive project file.

Thanks,
Arpan

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@zhengyudennis1

Can you check .prj file and make sure this file is not missing? Refer below AR:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/56685.html

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @zhengyudennis1,

Is your issue resolved?

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,
Nupur

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Yes, thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @zhengyudennis1,

Good to know that your issue is resolved. Plesae post the solution and mark it as accepted solution in the interest of other users.

Thanks,Vijay
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos