UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor cjmoran
Visitor

Could not find machine code for '....../fir_compiler_v7_2_11.globals_pkg'

Jump to solution

I have created a FIR Filter using Xilinx Vivado 2018.1 and the FIR Compiler 7.2.  The filter is included in a higher level design.  I am trying to simulate the overall design with QuestaSim 10.6c.  Here is some of what I have in my .do file for QuestaSim:

vlib work
vmap work work

vlib xbip_utils_v3_0_9
vmap xbip_utils_v3_0_9 xbip_utils_v3_0_9

vlib axi_utils_v2_0_5
vmap axi_utils_v2_0_5 axi_utils_v2_0_5

vlib fir_compiler_v7_2_11
vmap fir_compiler_v7_2_11 fir_compiler_v7_2_11

vcom -work xbip_utils_v3_0_9 -93 $RTL_LIB/fpga_fir_filter/4_rtl/xilinx_cpm_fir_filter/ip_user_files/ipstatic/hdl/xbip_utils_v3_0_vh_rfs.vhd
vcom -work axi_utils_v2_0_5 -93 $RTL_LIB/fpga_fir_filter/4_rtl/xilinx_cpm_fir_filter/ip_user_files/ipstatic/hdl/axi_utils_v2_0_vh_rfs.vhd
vcom -work fir_compiler_v7_2_11 -93 $RTL_LIB/fpga_fir_filter/4_rtl/xilinx_fpga_fir_filter/ip_user_files/ipstatic/hdl/fir_compiler_v7_2_vh_rfs.vhd
vcom -work work -93 $RTL_LIB/fpga_fir_filter/4_rtl/xilinx_fpga_fir_filter/fpga_fir_filter/sim/fpga_fir_filter.vhd

vsim -t ps -novopt work.fpga_tb

Compile runs fine.  After executing vsim, I get the following error:

# Loading work.fpga_fir_filter(fpga_fir_filter_arch)
#
# ** Error in Protected Region: subinvocation of vcom failed; return status = 1.
# ** Error: (vsim-3171) Could not find machine code for '... /fir_compiler_v7_2_11.globals_pkg'.
# Operation not permitted. (errno = EPERM)
# Load interrupted
# Error loading design
# Error: Error loading design
# Pausing macro execution

I haven't been able to figure out how to fix this problem.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Could not find machine code for '....../fir_compiler_v7_2_11.globals_pkg'

Jump to solution

HI @cjmoran ,

I am facing the some other error mentioned in the below AR. Seems to be an issue with Questasim 10.6c. Please check using Questasim 10.6c_3 version.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/70694.html

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @cjmoran ,

At first can you please confirm if you have compiled the Simulation libraries ?

I hope that you are writing your custom .do file. If this is the case you can try running export simulation for your design mapping the compoiled library location in Vivado and then use the generated files for running simulation in questasim.

0 Kudos
Visitor cjmoran
Visitor

Jump to solution

Yes, I have compiled the simlation libraries using Vivado and used the modelsim.ini file provided by Vivado.  I have also tried compiling the three libraries using Questa per my original post.  I have the same problem in both cases and get the same error.

I am trying to use my own custom .do file per my original post, and I believe it is sufficient and matches what's in the provided Vivado compile.do and simulate.do script (what I get when I export the simulation) with the following exception:

Per Vivado -

vlib questa_lib/work
vlib questa_lib/msim

vlib questa_lib/msim/xil_defaultlib

vmap xil_defaultlib questa_lib/msim/xil_defaultlib

My script -

vlib xil_defaultlib
vmap xil_defaultlib xil_defaultlib

I get the same errors in both cases.

There also is an 'elaborate.do' file that Vivado produced that contains the following:

vopt -64 +acc -l elaborate.log -L xbip_utils_v3_0_9 -L axi_utils_v2_0_5 -L fir_compiler_v7_2_11 -L xil_defaultlib -L secureip -L xpm -work xil_defaultlib xil_defaultlib.fpga_fir_filter -o fpga_fir_filter_opt

If I try to execute this after the compile step I get the following error in Questa:

# Analyzing design...
# -- Loading package STANDARD
# -- Loading package TEXTIO
# -- Loading package std_logic_1164
# -- Loading package NUMERIC_STD
# -- Loading entity fpga_fir_filter
# -- Loading architecture fpga_fir_filter_arch of fpga_fir_filter
# ** Error: C:/questasim64_10.6c/win64/vopt failed.
# Error in macro j:\...   fpga_tb.do line 56
# Return status = 884
# (procedure "compile" line 7)
# invoked from within
# "compile NoFilter vopt -64 +acc -l elaborate.log -L xbip_utils_v3_0_9 -L axi_utils_v2_0_5 -L fir_compiler_v7_2_11 -L xil_defaultlib -L secureip -L xpm ..."
# ("eval" body line 1)
# invoked from within
# "eval compile NoFilter vopt $args"
# (procedure "vopt" line 9)
# invoked from within
# "vopt -64 +acc -l elaborate.log -L xbip_utils_v3_0_9 -L axi_utils_v2_0_5 -L fir_compiler_v7_2_11 -L xil_defaultlib -L secureip -L xpm -work xil_default..."

I can't figure out what is wrong with this vopt.  Is it necessary to run this vopt?  If I don't do this, I get the error as shown in my first post.

0 Kudos
Visitor cjmoran
Visitor

Jump to solution

FYI.  Here is what I currently have in my custom .do script:

vlib work
vmap work work

vlib xil_defaultlib
vmap xil_defaultlib xil_defaultlib

vcom -work xil_defaultlib -93 $WG_RTL_LIB/fpga_fir_filter/4_rtl/xilinx_fpga_fir_filter/fpga_fir_filter/sim/fpga_fir_filter.vhd

vopt -64 +acc -l elaborate.log -L xbip_utils_v3_0_9 -L axi_utils_v2_0_5 -L fir_compiler_v7_2_11 -L xil_defaultlib -L secureip -L xpm -work xil_defaultlib xil_defaultlib.fpga_fir_filter -o fpga_fir_filter_opt

If I include the vopt I get the vopt error.  If I do not include the vopt, I get the globals_pkg error per my original post.

0 Kudos
Visitor cjmoran
Visitor

Jump to solution

Is there anyone that can provide further assistance for this problem?  Thank you.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@cjmoran ,

Is it possible for you to share the archived project or a test case reproducing the issue along with your custom script ?

0 Kudos
Visitor cjmoran
Visitor

Jump to solution

Can you reach out to me via email on this for further discussion and possible sharing?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @cjmoran ,

I had sent you an EZMove package. Please attach the archived project there and send it back to me.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

HI @cjmoran ,

I am facing the some other error mentioned in the below AR. Seems to be an issue with Questasim 10.6c. Please check using Questasim 10.6c_3 version.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/70694.html

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor cjmoran
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thanks so much.  I haven't tried this yet with a newer version of Questa.  Do you know if 10.7e fixes the problem also?

0 Kudos
Visitor cjmoran
Visitor

Jump to solution

Switching to 10.7e solved the problem.  Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos