cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DDR4 Read Sample Issue in VCS Simulation

Jump to solution

I using the Ultrascale v1_1 DDR4 Controller and Phy in a VCS simulation with Denali DDR4-1600 Memory Models.

The sampling of the DQS lines in ddr4_phy_v1_1_xiphy_behav.sv misses the DQS pulses. This block uses a

delayed clock, o_clk_rd, to sample the DQS signals. I had to add an additional 100ps delay to this clock to

capture the DQS signals correctly.

Is there some external parameter that I should be adjusting rather than having to edit the verilog?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: DDR4 Read Sample Issue in VCS Simulation

Jump to solution

@wtesling

Denali memory models are not officially supported by Xilinx, so please use Micron or vendor specific memory model for simulations.

If you still need MIG support with Denali models I would suggest you to contact your local FAE.

Hope this helps

-Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: DDR4 Read Sample Issue in VCS Simulation

Jump to solution

@wtesling

Denali memory models are not officially supported by Xilinx, so please use Micron or vendor specific memory model for simulations.

If you still need MIG support with Denali models I would suggest you to contact your local FAE.

Hope this helps

-Vanitha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do google search before posting, you may find relavant information.
Mark the post - "Accept as solution" and give kudos if information provided is helpful and reply oriented

View solution in original post

0 Kudos