Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

DSP Coregen and Hardware cosimulation

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a ML507 (V5FX70T) Evaluation board and I try to implement HW co simulation. In my previous post, I did a HW co simulation with only LUTs in my design. Now, I want to make a HW co simulation with a DSP included in an entity. You can see the hierarchy in the attach file.

When I run the simulation, I have the following error :

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

INFO:HWCoSim - Implementing hardware co-simulation top-level through NGDBuild, MAP and PAR
ERROR:HWCoSim - Program 'xflow' reported the following errors:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block
   'hwcif/hwcosim_dut_inst/DSP_COREGEN_INST/MULT_INST' with type 'MULTIPLIEUR'
   could not be resolved. A pin name misspelling can cause this, a missing edif
   or ngc file, case mismatch between the block name and the edif or ngc file
   name, or the misspelling of a type name. Symbol 'MULTIPLIEUR' is not
   supported in target 'virtex5'.
ERROR:Xflow - Program ngdbuild returned error code 2. Aborting flow execution...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR:HWCoSim - Program 'xflow' returned with a non-zero exit code 1. Please refer to log file 'E:\SEBASTIEN_LAMONNIER\Fonctionnalites\CoSimuHardware\XST_SelectMap_Reconf_DSP\synthese\Cosimu\isim\hwcosim_tmp\jtag\xflow\xflow.log' for further details.
HDL wrapper and bitstream generation process failed.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So I think the error is concerning the instance U0 in the VHD generated by Coregen (instanciation of wrapped_Multiplieur).

I regenerated the Coregen, I imported ngc, vhd etc without success... but I can make HW cosimulation if I declare a bloc without Coregen in it (I_COMPTEUR for example in my design).

Perhaps anyone will have a good idea to help me !!!

Thanks a lot :)

Lamonnis

hierarchy.JPG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello,

The problem is resolved by copying NGC sources directly in the project directory (same level than project.xise). Xflow doesn't use the same processes than a normal implementation where you can specify macro path.

perhaps it will be better supported in next releases.

That was not a french problem ;-)

Lamonnis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar
MULTIPLIER was misspelled,

The tools do not speak French...

C'est domage, mais c'est le verite....

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello,

Although I am french, I can understand English :)

That I don't understand is why a normal NGDbuild, MAP and PAR and simulation without HW co simulation work perfectly and why I have the problem with HW co-sim...

thanks

Lamonnis

PS : Austin, LA vérité :)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello,

The problem is resolved by copying NGC sources directly in the project directory (same level than project.xise). Xflow doesn't use the same processes than a normal implementation where you can specify macro path.

perhaps it will be better supported in next releases.

That was not a french problem ;-)

Lamonnis

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

How can you add ngc files if you are using fuse with command line?  I see the same error as described previously, but there is no .xise file when using command line.

Thanks. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos