Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Behrouz
Visitor
Visitor

EDF File Export Failed

Hello,

I updated dSPACE and Xilinx to 2015.2 version. Now, I faced with an error during FPGA build process. Following is the error message:

The EDF export of the results of the Xilinx System Generator build failed.

C:\Last Version LTC Engine\Allengine68_rtiFPGA\FPGA_Test_77F62F510F2A68\sysgen\hdl_netlist\vivado.log

I checked the storage space and I have 4.2 GB available storage at C drive. This means that I have enough space to write the EDIF file. On the other hand, storage folder path has 90 characters which is below 260 maximum acceptable length.

Would you please help me to find the reason for this error and fix it.

I am attaching "vivado.log", "VivadoEDFExportConsoleOutput.log" and "VivadoSynthConsoleOutput.log" files to this help request. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Behrouz

0 Kudos
4 Replies
barriet
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I'd try it without a space in the path... From your "VivadoEDFExportConsoleOutput.log", it looks like write_edif might be using the path as-is (not escaped) and the TCL interpreter could be seeing this as a command line separator.
Personally I always try to avoid spaces in directory and file names as weird issues like this can come up with you least expect it.

barriet
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

For example, try renaming "Last Version LTC Engine" to "Last_Version_LTC_Engine" on the root of your C volume

Behrouz
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you very much for your solution. It solved the problem. I removed spaces from the file name and I could compile the model without facing any error. 
Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
barriet
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Thanks for the update - I'm glad to hear that it fixed the issue.

0 Kudos