cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

ERROR:Compxlib:267 - COMPXLIB[sim]: Unable to automatically find executables for simulator 'mti_se'

Jump to solution

I need to compile the Xilinx IP cores before I do the simulation with ModelSim. Unfortunately, I've met the "ERROR:Compxlib:267 - COMPXLIB[sim]: Unable to automatically find executables for simulator 'mti_se'" error.

I've double checked the command as below and it looks like the ModelSim path is correct.

"compxlib.exe -s mti_se -l all -o C:/xuan/FPGA_Design/GLINK -p C:/Modeltech_xe_starter/win32xoem -arch virtex5 -lib unisim -lib simprim -lib xilinxcorelib -lib edk -exclude_deprecated -intstyle ise"

But I can't find the "mti_se" director under the "C:\Xilinx\11.1\ISE\verilog" directory. 

Does anyone know who to solve this problem?

BTW, my ISE version is 11.3 and ModelSim is 6.3c

Thanks a lot! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Re: ERROR:Compxlib:267 - COMPXLIB[sim]: Unable to automatically find executables for simulator 'mti_se'

Jump to solution
The two steps below should fix your problem.

1) Make sure that the Model Tech Simulator field in Edit => Preferences => ISE General => Integrated Tools has the correct path to your ModelSim executable (in my case, it is "C:\modeltech_pe_6.5d\win32pe\modelsim.exe")

2) Also, make sure that under Project > Design Properties that you have the right simulator selected in the Simulator field (in my case, it was Modelsim-PE VHDL).

If you do these 2 steps right, you should NOT see the error that you are seeing.

Best of luck!

Message Edited by asangare on 02-03-2010 12:13 PM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ERROR:Compxlib:267 - COMPXLIB[sim]: Unable to automatically find executables for simulator 'mti_se'

Jump to solution

Hi,

There seems to be two ModelSIm versions in your machine. One ModelSim Starter and other one being ModelSim SE.

But if we look at the compxlib log it seems that the starter is being picked up. The reason is that the path variable of your computer variables

seems to point to Modelsim XE.

I think it is possible to have multiple ModelSim Versions on a single PC. Just make sure that PATH variable is properly set.

C:\Softwares\Modeltech_6.3c\win32;%LMC_HOME%\bin;%LMC_HOME%\lib\pcnt.lib;%PATH%;C:\Modeltech_xe\win32xoem;

The one at the starting path would take preference. If you type vsim in the command line, the ModelSim version that is in the first part would

hopefully launch.

Typing vsim in the command line (Start ==> Run) to see which version will launch

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Sorry, my bad. I hadn't made it clearly.

There is only one ModelSim on my PC and it's version is ModelSim XE III/Starter 6.3c.

Probably there are something else that I setup wrong?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

1,Launch ISE.

2, Go to Edit => Preferences => ISE General => Integrated Tools.

3, Set the Model Tech Simulator to point to ModelSim starter executable.

Thanks.

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

The "Integrated Tools" points to the ModelSim XE Starter correctly.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

If you are using ModelSim XE (whether Starter or Full) you need not run Compxlib as the Xilinx libraries are already pre-compiled.  The simulator will work out of the box. 

All you should need to do is select "Simulate Behavioral Model" from the ISE processes to simulate the design.

Hope this helps.

Eddie
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello! I encounter the same problem as i try to compile the HDL simulation libraries so i could simulate with modelsim!when i try to simulate i get the errors:

# ** Error: ram_xilinx.vhd(26): Library unisim not found.
# ** Error: ram_xilinx.vhd(27): (vcom-1136) Unknown identifier "unisim".

Thata why i try to compile the HDL libraries!THe problem is that when i try to compile them i get this message:

ERROR:Compxlib:267 - COMPXLIB[sim]: Unable to automatically find executables for simulator 'mti_se'.
Simulator 'mti_se' is ignored.

Process "Compile HDL Simulation Libraries" failed

I have set the correct path to the tab menu (edit/preferences/intergrated tools) where we set the simulator path  and the directory of the simulator at the process properties!

I'm using Modelsim ModelSim PE Student Edition 6.5a!

I had somehow made it work in the past but now i can't find the way now since i reloaded a new project!

Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance! :-)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution
The two steps below should fix your problem.

1) Make sure that the Model Tech Simulator field in Edit => Preferences => ISE General => Integrated Tools has the correct path to your ModelSim executable (in my case, it is "C:\modeltech_pe_6.5d\win32pe\modelsim.exe")

2) Also, make sure that under Project > Design Properties that you have the right simulator selected in the Simulator field (in my case, it was Modelsim-PE VHDL).

If you do these 2 steps right, you should NOT see the error that you are seeing.

Best of luck!

Message Edited by asangare on 02-03-2010 12:13 PM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

You were right!!!Thanks a lot! :-)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

I am using ISE11.1, Model Sim studen edition 10.0C,  Xilinx system generator and MATLAB2008b. I generate  the verilog code through system generator from MATLAB. When I try to run ( behavioural simulation) this code, I get the same error. I have applied the all sugessions made by you peoples, but still getting the same error.  Please suggest me & take me out from this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Three years later and this info is still valid. Thank a million. I've been pulling my hair out all evening trying to figure out this one error so that I can finish my homework. You saved me! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I had both model sim 14.6 and 14.7 ... installed in my system ... I was running from from 14.6 version and the compxlib was not linking .... But after reading the post of multiple installation my compxlib started linking ... thanks

@htsvn wrote:

Hi,

There seems to be two ModelSIm versions in your machine. One ModelSim Starter and other one being ModelSim SE.

But if we look at the compxlib log it seems that the starter is being picked up. The reason is that the path variable of your computer variables

seems to point to Modelsim XE.

I think it is possible to have multiple ModelSim Versions on a single PC. Just make sure that PATH variable is properly set.

C:\Softwares\Modeltech_6.3c\win32;%LMC_HOME%\bin;%LMC_HOME%\lib\pcnt.lib;%PATH%;C:\Modeltech_xe\win32xoem;

The one at the starting path would take preference. If you type vsim in the command line, the ModelSim version that is in the first part would

hopefully launch.

Typing vsim in the command line (Start ==> Run) to see which version will launch

Thanks.

0 Kudos