cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ERROR:Compxlib:368 - Compxlib does not support mti_se version 6.3b or prior releases.

Jump to solution

I have been using ISE 12.3 (Linux 64) and simulation using isim.  All working fine.  But I have just installed Modelsim SE 10.0 and have been having difficutly getting ISE to use modelsim.  I modified the Design Properties to select the Modelsim-SE Verilog simulator and ISE seems to have picked up the correct path to my modelsim installation directory.  However, when I tried to simulate my test bench (from ISE), the ISE Project Navigator produced a warning window: "WARNING: Failed to get the pre-compiled simulation library information..."  After some reading of the manual I concluded that I need to precompile the simulation libraries using the compxlib command.  Doing so, I get this error:

ERROR:Compxlib:368 - Compxlib does not support mti_se version 6.3b or prior releases. Parsing through the path setting on your system we have identified that you are using mti_se '2010.12'.
Please contact Mentor Graphics to upgrade to a supported simulator version. If the path setting is incorrect, please ensure that you are pointing to the latest version and re-invoke compxlib.
The list of supported simulator versions are listed in the Simulation Chapter of the Synthesis and Simulation Design Guide on http://www.xilinx.com.
Simulator 'mti_se' is ignored.

I have the latest version of Modelsim.  Is this a bug?  If not, can anyone hint as to where I go from here?

Cheers,

Nathan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

All,

Please see Xilinx Answer 38609:  http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/38609.htm 

This is a known issue and will be addressed in ISE Design Suite 13.1, due out Spring.

For 12.3 and 12.4, use the latest modelSim 6.6 update.

Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted

looks like you need to downgrade to  modelsim 6.x, had same problem and downgrade worked :)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

What command options did you use when running compxlib?

-s and -p could be used to specify simulator and its executable path.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

I have the same problem.  Here's the options I used:

compxlib -s mti_pe -p "C:\Program Files\Modelsim_PE_10.0\win32pe" -l all -arch spartan6 -arch virtex5 -arch virtex6 -lib all -w

ERROR:Compxlib:368 - Compxlib does not support mti_pe version 6.3b or prior releases. Parsing through the path setting on your system we have identified that you are using mti_pe '2010.12'.
Please contact Mentor Graphics to upgrade to a supported simulator version. If the path setting is incorrect, please ensure that you are pointing to the latest version and re-invoke compxlib.
The list of supported simulator versions are listed in the Simulation Chapter of the Synthesis and Simulation Design Guide on http://www.xilinx.com.
Simulator 'mti_pe' is ignored.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

It looks like ModelSim 10.0 is too new for Compxlib to recognize as a successor to 6.3b.  Your best bet is to downgrade one version down and install 6.6d instead.  The archive is located at http://model.com/content/modelsim-pe-simulation-and-debug

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

All,

Please see Xilinx Answer 38609:  http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/38609.htm 

This is a known issue and will be addressed in ISE Design Suite 13.1, due out Spring.

For 12.3 and 12.4, use the latest modelSim 6.6 update.

Eddie

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Please open a case with technical support if you cannot wait. A tactical patch could be made avaialble if needed.

Thanks

Duth

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for your help everyone.

I chose to revert back to modelsim 6.6d.  This works fine and will do until the new version of ISE is available.

Cheers,

Nathan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Was a patch ever made to fix this issue for ISE 12.3? 

I have just upgraded to Modelsim 10.0a and get this error with 12.3. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

There should have been one for 12.3 or 12.4, please open a case to get access to it.

Is there a reason why you cant upgrade to 13.1 of ISE? The issue does not exist in 13.1..

Thanks

Duth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks, but for now I have just reverted back to Modelsim 6.6d and it worked fine. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

That is not true about not being able to use modelsim PE 10 with ISE 12.4. I am currently using modelsim PE 10 from ISE 12.4 FYi

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello, just wanted to say thank you for that solution!!!

0 Kudos