cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

ERROR: [VRFC 10-3146] binding entity 'axi_stream_wrapper' does not have generic 'k'

Jump to solution

I get the following error on Post synthesis functional simulation.

Starting static elaboration
ERROR: [VRFC 10-3146] binding entity 'axi_stream_wrapper' does not have generic 'k' [C:/Users/user/xilinx/present-vhdl-master1/sim/present128_axis_tb.vhd:47]

synthesis, implementation work with no errors.

Can anyone help me please?

image2.pngimage1.png

image1.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: ERROR: [VRFC 10-3146] binding entity 'axi_stream_wrapper' does not have generic 'k'

Jump to solution

I believe the issue is that the synthesized netlist will not support generics. When you build the hardware the Generic is treaded as a constant and synthesized out.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: ERROR: [VRFC 10-3146] binding entity 'axi_stream_wrapper' does not have generic 'k'

Jump to solution

What library are you compiling axi_stream_wrapper into?

Make sure that you have the correct library use statement so that the compiler can find your wrapper file.

You might want to try direct entity instantiation instead of the component declaration as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @thrylos107,

Can you please share  a test case showing this issue to check at our end.

Please make sure you have properly instantiated and port mapped the axi_stream_wrapper module.

Thanks & Regards,
Sravanthi B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

I'm attaching the vhdl project in order to have a better picture as I don't have big experience with this. The target fpga is Cora Z7-07S.

thank you all for your help!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I believe the issue is that the synthesized netlist will not support generics. When you build the hardware the Generic is treaded as a constant and synthesized out.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution
I removed the generic 'k' from the system and it worked.
0 Kudos