UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie ahayes

ERROR: [XSIM 43-3217] - Incorrect project file syntax... even with a library selected

Jump to solution

I'm trying to simulate a vhdl project as packaged IP, but I'm running into the following error: (confidential info replaced with "...")

INFO: [USF-XSim-2] XSim::Compile design
INFO: [USF-XSim-61] Executing 'COMPILE and ANALYZE' step in 'C:/Users/.../source/Workspaces/.../.../.../SW/.../hw/xzynq_hw/....tmp/.../...sim/sim_1/behav/xsim'
"xvhdl --incr --relax -prj tb_apb_xmit_vhdl.prj"
ERROR: [XSIM 43-3255] File name is missing.
ERROR: [XSIM 43-3217] tb_apb_xmit_vhdl.prj (line 3): Incorrect project file syntax. Correct syntax is one of: vhdl <worklib> <file>, verilog <worklib> <file> [<file> ...] [[-d <macro>] ...] [[-i <include>] ...], or NOSORT. Presence of NOSORT on a line of its own disables file order sorting.
INFO: [USF-XSim-69] 'compile' step finished in '2' seconds

The first few lines of the .prj file are as follows: (project name replaced with "...")

# compile vhdl design source files
vhdl xil_defaultlib \
"../../../../../../../ip_repo/.../src/auto_ptrt.vhd" \
"../../../../../../../ip_repo/.../src/gm_pkg.vhd" \
"../../../../../../../ip_repo/.../src/pk_pkg.vhd" \
"../../../../../../../ip_repo/.../src/clk.vhd" \

I referenced this solution, however the problem persists even though all files have a project selected.

Is there anything else that would cause this error? Anything else I should try?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Newbie ahayes

Re: ERROR: [XSIM 43-3217] - Incorrect project file syntax... even with a library selected

Jump to solution

Solved - the "line 3" was just a misdirection

For anyone who has this issue in the future, your .prj file should specify a library like this:

vhdl xil_defaultlib  \

If it's blank like this, it will throw errors - go through and assign a library to each file below this:

vhdl   \

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Newbie ahayes

Re: ERROR: [XSIM 43-3217] - Incorrect project file syntax... even with a library selected

Jump to solution

Solved - the "line 3" was just a misdirection

For anyone who has this issue in the future, your .prj file should specify a library like this:

vhdl xil_defaultlib  \

If it's blank like this, it will throw errors - go through and assign a library to each file below this:

vhdl   \

View solution in original post

0 Kudos