UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer ryanjohnson8
Observer

ERROR: [XSIM 43-3225] Cannot find design unit RTP_UL.RTP_UpLink_TM3 in library work located at xsim.dir/work

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to simulate a large design, and one of my sources under the top module is mysteriously not present in the heirarchy of the scope window once simulation opens (It is the instance of RTP_UpLink_TM3), even though it is present in the sources heirarchy.

So, in order to try to investigate the problem further, I set the missing file (RTP_UpLink_TM3) as the top simulation module and ran simulation. Then I got this message:

ERROR: [XSIM 43-3225] Cannot find design unit RTP_UL.RTP_UpLink_TM3 in library work located at xsim.dir/work

RTP_UpLink_TM3 is part of a VHDL library in my design named RTP_UL. I verified several times that it is indeed set to that library. All of the sources are VHDL (not 2008). I tried resetting the simulation, deleting the entire simulation folder and restarting. I tried restarting Vivado several times. I tried reading all the other threads that looked similar to my problem.

Screenshot from 2019-03-06 17-25-23.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ERROR: [XSIM 43-3225] Cannot find design unit RTP_UL.RTP_UpLink_TM3 in library work located at xsim.dir/work

Jump to solution

If compilation failed, the design unit was not compiled to the desired library and probably the error.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ERROR: [XSIM 43-3225] Cannot find design unit RTP_UL.RTP_UpLink_TM3 in library work located at xsim.dir/work

Jump to solution

Hi @ryanjohnson8 ,

Please check the below AR# link, might be hlpful:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/58937.html

Thanks,

Raj.

0 Kudos
Observer ryanjohnson8
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi Raj,

Thank you for the help. I tried running this command on the RTP_UpLink_TM3 file, but the error did not go away.

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Observer ryanjohnson8
Observer

Jump to solution

I was able to solve the problem. The problem was that some of my code (lower down in the hierarchy chain) was trying to open a memory init file that was not present.

Would anyone be able to provide an explanation of what xsim.dir/work is, and why that particular error might have been flagged?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

If compilation failed, the design unit was not compiled to the desired library and probably the error.

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos