cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newbie
Newbie
377 Views
Registered: ‎05-13-2020

ERROR: [XSIM 43-3340] - Simulation not running

Jump to solution

My simulations keep breaking after successfully running anywhere from 4-5 times. I keep getting the following pop up when trying to run a behavioral simulation:

 

Capture.PNG

When opening up the error logs, I get the following message:

ERROR: [XSIM 43-4318] Failed to create directory: xsim.dir/xil_defaultlib

Attached is my source file and simulation

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Newbie
Newbie
225 Views
Registered: ‎05-13-2020

Glad to see I finally got some responses on here - but I was able to find the root of the problem! I did try resetting it and even making new projects but to no avail. I also tried multiple ways of running it and killing the simulation. After a deeper dive through the logs I found the issue was I was coming from my save location. Specifically, I had my main project directory within a Microsoft OneDrive folder which was causing this issue. My best guess is that the simulation required permissions to make files or to modify something within the OneDrive file structure that it could not get. All the funky behavior was fixed when I started making my projects outside of the OneDrive location. 

Hope this helps anyone with a similar issue!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
263 Views
Registered: ‎05-01-2019

Hi,

It is recommended to reset simulation before each run. Please try TCL command "reset_simulation"  or reset simulation from GUI as shown in below figure.

Thanks,

Harika

 
 

 

 

Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager
245 Views
Registered: ‎06-20-2012

A simulator process is running.

Kill it.

== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Newbie
Newbie
226 Views
Registered: ‎05-13-2020

Glad to see I finally got some responses on here - but I was able to find the root of the problem! I did try resetting it and even making new projects but to no avail. I also tried multiple ways of running it and killing the simulation. After a deeper dive through the logs I found the issue was I was coming from my save location. Specifically, I had my main project directory within a Microsoft OneDrive folder which was causing this issue. My best guess is that the simulation required permissions to make files or to modify something within the OneDrive file structure that it could not get. All the funky behavior was fixed when I started making my projects outside of the OneDrive location. 

Hope this helps anyone with a similar issue!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos