UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer pdjuandi
Observer

# ** Error: Failure to obtain a VHDL simulation license. Unable to checkout msimpevsim license feature.

Hi,

I have just upgraded my Modelsim from SE 6.4 to PE6.6d and when I run modelsim from ISE 13.1 it gives me the following error.

" Error: Failure to obtain a VHDL simulation license. Unable to checkout msimpevsim license feature."

Spartan_User
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Instructor
Instructor

Re: # ** Error: Failure to obtain a VHDL simulation license. Unable to checkout msimpevsim license feature.

That's a ModelSim licensing error, not really a Xilinx ISE issue.  Can you start Modelsim

standalone and see a proper license?  It's been a while since I used ModelSim myself,

but as I recall there is a license debugging utility that gets installed with it, which should

be available from the Start menu if you're running Windows.  Their utility goes through

all the licenses in your lm_license path and determines whether you have adequate licenses

to run each Mentor-supplied program.

Also note that Mentor licenses are updated yearly, but you still only have access to the

versions of ModelSim that were released while you were under maintenance.  If your

license for ModelSim PE VHDL is not up to date you may need to go back to an older

revision.  In any case the licensing debug tool should tell you whether you have no

license for ModelSim PE, or a licence that is too old for the version you're running.

-- Gabor

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Observer pdjuandi
Observer

Re: # ** Error: Failure to obtain a VHDL simulation license. Unable to checkout msimpevsim license feature.

Thank you.

I got it resolved.

Spartan_User
0 Kudos