0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hello,

If that is the case, try below steps:

1. In Project sources window, are you observing the VG_Ctrl.wcfg file?
2. If yes, right click on it and select disable file
3. Run simulation

Thanks,
Vinay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

The error messsage clearly indicates that VGA_Ctrl.wcfg is already open.

Close the simulation window and rerun the simulation.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Thank you. I have tried this before, but it doesn´t solve the problem :(

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hello,

If that is the case, try below steps:

1. In Project sources window, are you observing the VG_Ctrl.wcfg file?
2. If yes, right click on it and select disable file
3. Run simulation

Thanks,
Vinay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I had the same error.  To fix this problem, I closed down Vivado, manually deleted all of the wcfg files, then re-opened the project and removed the wcfg files (that Vivado can not find since I deleted them) from the project.  This worked for me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

I've had a similar problem ... repeated attempts to open the same wcfg file, ... and I tried getting rid of it by removing the reference to it from Vivado Project Manager Sources window. When this didn't work I tried the suggestion above and deleted all wcfg files from the project folder and below ...

... but the tool now complains about the missing files.

WARNING: [USF-XSim-17] WCFG file does not exist:C:/project/attic_packed_samples/sim/attic_packed_samples_wrap_TB_behav.wcfg
WARNING: [USF-XSim-17] WCFG file does not exist:C:/project/attic_packed_samples/sim/attic_packed_samples_wrap_TB_behav.wcfg

Can anyone help, please

PaulD

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Did you set option "-view <file path>/attic_packed_samples_wrap_TB_behav.wcfg" in xsim.simulate.xsim.more_options field?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi graces,

Thanks for your suggestion. I've looked and there are no entries in the xsim.simulate.xsim.more_options field.

So I've editted the project .xpr file directly to remove the two duplicate lines in the section shown:

<Config>
        <Option Name="DesignMode" Val="RTL"/>
        <Option Name="TopModule" Val="attic_packed_samples_wrap_TB"/>
        <Option Name="TopLib" Val="xil_defaultlib"/>
        <Option Name="TopAutoSet" Val="TRUE"/>
        <Option Name="SrcSet" Val="sources_1"/>
        <Option Name="XSimWcfgFile" Val="$PPRDIR/sim/attic_packed_samples_wrap_TB_behav.wcfg"/>
        <Option Name="XSimWcfgFile" Val="$PPRDIR/sim/attic_packed_samples_wrap_TB_behav.wcfg"/>
      </Config>

... and this cures the problem!

PaulD

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks prdorrell,

This is the correct answer just edit the project .xpr file. Hopefully it is fixed in 2014.5. Im still using 2014.4.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer
Hi mikecwilk, I'm glad my hacking workaround has helped some else ... My post was from earlier this year when I still used Vivado 2014.3. Since then, I've upgraded to 2015.1 ... and haven't seen this problem again ... so maybe Xlinx have fixed it. Kind regard prdorrell
0 Kudos