UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Error loading design with XPM FIFO

Hello,

While trying to simulate a design in Modesim 10.6 - I got an error that mentions: "unresolved reference to glbl".

This is the print-out I got when loading the design (while trying to load it) -

# Loading xpm.xpm_fifo_reg_vec
# ** Warning: (vsim-8311) System Verilog assertions are supported only in Questasim.
# ** Error: (vsim-3043) Unresolved reference to 'glbl'.
#    Time: 0 ns  Iteration: 0  Instance: /tb_fifo/fifo_to_tb_fifo/generate_mode_name_vendor/generate_xpm_asynchronous_fifo/generate_xpm_fwft_asynchronous_fifo/xpm_fifo_async_to_fifo/gnuram_async_fifo/xpm_fifo_base_inst/xpm_fifo_rst_inst/gen_rst_ic/wrst_rd_inst File: C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/data/ip/xpm/xpm_cdc/hdl/xpm_cdc.sv Line: 1113
#    Time: 0 ns  Iteration: 0  Instance: /tb_fifo/fifo_to_tb_fifo/generate_mode_name_vendor/generate_xpm_asynchronous_fifo/generate_xpm_fwft_asynchronous_fifo/xpm_fifo_async_to_fifo/gnuram_async_fifo/xpm_fifo_base_inst/xpm_fifo_rst_inst/gen_rst_ic/rrst_wr_inst File: C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/data/ip/xpm/xpm_cdc/hdl/xpm_cdc.sv Line: 1113
#    Time: 0 ns  Iteration: 0  Instance: /tb_fifo/fifo_to_tb_fifo/generate_mode_name_vendor/generate_xpm_asynchronous_fifo/generate_xpm_fwft_asynchronous_fifo/xpm_fifo_async_to_fifo/gnuram_async_fifo/xpm_fifo_base_inst/gen_cdc_pntr/wr_pntr_cdc_inst File: C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/data/ip/xpm/xpm_cdc/hdl/xpm_cdc.sv Line: 377
#    Time: 0 ns  Iteration: 0  Instance: /tb_fifo/fifo_to_tb_fifo/generate_mode_name_vendor/generate_xpm_asynchronous_fifo/generate_xpm_fwft_asynchronous_fifo/xpm_fifo_async_to_fifo/gnuram_async_fifo/xpm_fifo_base_inst/gen_cdc_pntr/wr_pntr_cdc_dc_inst File: C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/data/ip/xpm/xpm_cdc/hdl/xpm_cdc.sv Line: 377
#    Time: 0 ns  Iteration: 0  Instance: /tb_fifo/fifo_to_tb_fifo/generate_mode_name_vendor/generate_xpm_asynchronous_fifo/generate_xpm_fwft_asynchronous_fifo/xpm_fifo_async_to_fifo/gnuram_async_fifo/xpm_fifo_base_inst/gen_cdc_pntr/rd_pntr_cdc_inst File: C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/data/ip/xpm/xpm_cdc/hdl/xpm_cdc.sv Line: 377
#    Time: 0 ns  Iteration: 0  Instance: /tb_fifo/fifo_to_tb_fifo/generate_mode_name_vendor/generate_xpm_asynchronous_fifo/generate_xpm_fwft_asynchronous_fifo/xpm_fifo_async_to_fifo/gnuram_async_fifo/xpm_fifo_base_inst/gen_cdc_pntr/rd_pntr_cdc_dc_inst File: C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/data/ip/xpm/xpm_cdc/hdl/xpm_cdc.sv Line: 377
# Error loading design
# End time: 19:15:44 on Feb 26,2018, Elapsed time: 0:00:00
# Errors: 6, Warnings: 1

Note:
I used Vivado 2017.4 to compile the simulation libraries - which was successful.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Scholar jmcclusk
Scholar

Re: Error loading design with XPM FIFO

Try including the global reset module at c:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.4\data\verilog\src\glbl.v

Don't forget to close a thread when possible by accepting a post as a solution.
0 Kudos

Hi @shaikon,

Have you compiled the glbl.v file ? Please check this AR#1078 on how to simulate with Modelsim.

Thanks & Regards,
A.Shameer

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

1. Added glbl.v to project.

2. Compiled everything.

Problem wasn't solved. I still get the error.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I am running into this same issue.  I upgraded to Vivado 2018.2 as well to see if it was fixed.  

Compiling glbl.v does not appear to fix this unless I'm doing that incorrectly.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Error loading design with XPM FIFO

Apart from compiling the glbl.v, did you also load it along with the top level?

e.g.

vsim -L xxx -L xxx work.tb work.glbl

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I tried that yesterday.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

I messed around with it a little more and this worked.  I'm used to opening modelsim and starting the testbench within the gui.  Thanks!

0 Kudos